Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lessons learned in 2009

I know that 2010 is just 3 days away ~ but before we blast into the New Year with great excitement, I have a question for you. What were the best parts and lessons of 2009?

Some people I have spoken with have written off the entire year as a catastrophe. I know a lot of folks felt a LOT of pain and despair - but I'd find it hard to believe that nothing positive happened in their life this year. I guess it depends on what you want to focus your energy on. Call me an optimist - but if I had to shovel through a room of manure looking for the pony in there ~ I'll do it!

Just to get this conversation going, I'll share some of the best parts and lessons for me.
I do hope YOU will share at least One thing that's not too personal ~ or share that with me on my private email.  :)

One of my many goals was to be listed at the top of Google when my name was typed into the search box. In January, I was listed on page 3. Thanks to Mark Lewis and Paul Castain who have taught me more about blogging, social media, keywords and how to be more active on my website - my name and company is listed first whenever my name is searched.

Although you may not be surprised, there a Lot of Neil Wood people out there - from world class surfers to soccer stars. I wanted to be listed first so that my positive messages, iTunes and YouTube programs could be easily found and subsequently give people hope to persevere! All of these are free ~ as my mission to be a Beacon of Hope.

Another goal was to workout at least 1 hour every day for 365 days. Mission accomplished and despite the horrendous economy ~ I'm in excellent physical shape. That's important to me because it keeps my mind fresh, attitude positive, energy level at a 10 on most days and it does wonders for confidence and self-esteem. I've also had a lot of fun working out and meeting new people.

I'm not going to bore you with what I wanted to accomplish~ but I'm proud about all the progress I made.  I will tell you that I did NOT accomplish everything I wanted to. That's life! I gave it my best but the economy and budget cuts were out of my control. C'est la vie. When I look at all I did accomplish, it gives me momentum as we wrap this year up and surge into the new decade.

I do hope you will share even ONE meaningful highlight from 2009.
Until the next post ~ remain optimistic and have as much fun as possible!

Optimistically yours ~
Neil

1 comment:

  1. Ever since I saw the Stones on Ed Sullivan or listened to Dylan in Mr Mooney's 6th grade class, I've wanted to play the guitar.
    I bought a guitar back in the 80's but ended up giving it to my nephews who could actually play it. Later they gave it to my son who now writes beautiful songs with it.
    So at age 52, after a lifetime of wishing and hoping, and a decade of living vicariously through my son, I bought another guitar and signed up for lessons. 2009 was the start and sometime in 2010 I will know enough songs to be able to call myself a guitarist.
    Thanks for the push Woody!

    ReplyDelete